Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Risks associated with living near phone mast?

(5 Posts)
AdiVic Thu 01-Sep-16 11:34:37

Hello, wasnt too sure where to post this, but maybe under general health the best place?

Vodafone are installing a new mobile phone mast opposite our house today. They have not contacted the council. Apparently they do this quietly, hoping no one will notice, then go for planning saying there have been no objections so it can stay full time.

My concern is the impact on health from the radiation/waves chcuked out. I have read on the internet so many different things, and many research articles are a good few years old.

Does anybody know of any solid, up to date facts? Would you want to live within close range of one?

Would love to hear thoughts smile x

Buzzardbird Thu 01-Sep-16 11:36:53

I believe that all the fears have been discredited, that said, I still wouldn't want to live by one.

Buzzardbird Thu 01-Sep-16 11:40:33

on this nhs website it says they are less harmful than mobile phones

AdiVic Thu 01-Sep-16 11:56:35

Thank you Buzzardbird, although I'm wary taking advice on this sort of thing from the NHS, who are advised by the governement, who are working alongside Vodafone to get 17,500 more sites. We have good Vodafone coverage around here, and another huge mast up the road, so not too sure why we need another one. In other countries/cities, they have much stricter controls where the masts can be placed due to levels of radiation and the effect it has on children (they absorb twice as much as adults). I've been trying to find clinical evidence (not some mumbo jumbo conspiracy based research). I'm aware mobile phones and wifi are bad too. Can't really win I guess, unless go to live totally off grid in the middle of a desert somewhere!

Buzzardbird Thu 01-Sep-16 11:59:09

Understandable AdiVic.

I would be very concerned at the underhand way they got the planning permission without any contesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now