Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Non alcholic Fatty Liver Disease

(4 Posts)
eosmum Tue 30-Aug-16 21:19:21

I had some blood tests and scans a couple of years ago due to constant heartburn. GP rang with the results and said I had non alcoholic fatty liver disease, I don't drink. He never recommended any treatment. I have been to the GP 4 or 5 times since then and it has never been mentioned.

What if any treatment do other people have? Is there a type of diet that works best? The heartburn is still there, I haven't been able to lose weight. I am overweight by about 2 stone. I tried the low GI diet but then thought maybe it should be a low fat diet? I'm totally lost, in Ireland and don't have the money for GP apt at the moment, but if they haven't done anything so far maybe there is nothing to be done? TIA

trinity0097 Tue 30-Aug-16 21:41:25

I would imagine that a low carb high fat diet will sort it. It did mine! Read these....

www.dietdoctor.com/?s=Liver

TopazRocks Tue 30-Aug-16 21:48:54

The British Liver Trust might be your friend. It's got leaflets on various liver diseases, not sure if they are free or not, but many bits of info you can download for free. Also an online support group under the HealthUnlocked umbrella. You can google it. There are a fair few members not resident in the UK - and some with NAFLD. Come on, join the club nobody wants to be in!!

eosmum Tue 30-Aug-16 22:49:39

Thanks guys, ill check out those links, really appreciate the help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now