Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

High temp when sleeping

(5 Posts)
bunnyrabbit93 Tue 30-Aug-16 16:15:17

Hi all

My daughter is 20 months Sunday night she had a temperature of 38.7 and was breathing quickly and was complaining of a tummy ache. The next day she was fussy with food but nothing major then Monday night her temperature was 39 ! Gave her calpol and it went down but still feverish. This morning she was being fussy with breakfast then had her usual nap she was 37 before the nap then during the nap went up to 38.3 again ! I was just wondering why is her temp spiking when she sleeps I always found it was lowered when sleeping. She is teething and is generally okay

Thanks all

Jayne266 Tue 30-Aug-16 23:17:18

Maybe she has a bug but teething can definitely cause this. I am very concerned about temperatures and would always call 111 service if I could not get the temperature down. My doctors advised me the calpol and ibuprofen alternation but if it fails I ring the doctors and each time I went he had tonsillitis. Good look op call the doctors if worried.

NicknameUsed Thu 01-Sep-16 23:25:20

It could be a urine infection. These things can't be left to sort themselves out so I would seek medical advice.

bunnyrabbit93 Fri 02-Sep-16 13:06:36

Hi all thanks for the reply DD ended up with a rash so took her to the doctor. Looks like she has Roseola. Temp is gone thank goodness smile

NicknameUsed Fri 02-Sep-16 15:33:23

Thanks for the update. I hope she feels better soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now