Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mark / spot / change to my breast. Bit freaked

(7 Posts)
twirlypoo Tue 30-Aug-16 13:41:10

I have had a spot on my boob for about 6 weeks, maybe longer. I have huge boobs so don't get rubbing etc and thought it was just a spot. Have occasionally given it a hopeful squeeze but it's almost like a red surface mark rather than a spot. There's a slight lump as if a spot is under the surface, but that's it.

I figured out in my head how long it had been there for last night and am now concerned but in a trying not to freak out way. I'll make a doctor appointment, but please can you tell me I am over reacting?

I've attached photos in next post in case any one is an expert. Do I need to even see a doctor or is it just a stubborn none spot?

twirlypoo Tue 30-Aug-16 13:42:23

Sorry for ridiculous boob shots. Hope you can see what I mean

Eva50 Tue 30-Aug-16 16:06:14

I'd put my money on it not being anything to worry about but you should see your GP just to get it checked out.

twirlypoo Tue 30-Aug-16 17:24:39

Thanks Eva, I am a bit more freaked now as I called the doctors and made an appointment for next week; they then called me back and changed it to tonight. Going there now. Bloody boobs! I had severe dyskariosis a few years ago so am a bit twitchy I think anyway. Wine tonight!

AMR123456 Tue 30-Aug-16 17:29:33

Hope you get on ok& it's nothing to worry about

MissBeaHaving Tue 30-Aug-16 17:38:36

Hi twirly,you already know to always get any changes in your breasts checked out so that's good.
The mark/spot you have pictured looks almost identical to one I have.
My GP sent me to the breast clinic & even though they were quite positive there was nothing wrong they did a mammogram to be sure.

I got the all clear,some kind of cyst I think they said.
Mine is now completely flat (I might have kept picking it blush)although I still a red mark.
It's on the left on the side.

They still said if I noticed changes to go back but I've been fine.

I was worried sick waiting which I think is to be expected when you don't know.
I hope you get seen very soon & all is well for you as it was for me.flowers

MissBeaHaving Wed 31-Aug-16 13:19:47

How did you get on Op?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now