Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dm and scalp

(5 Posts)
hauntedhenry Mon 29-Aug-16 15:24:46

Staying at my parents this weekend and discovered that dd had nits. Horror. Ran out and bought shampoo and nit comb and deloused us all, all good. My question is, dm asked me to comb her hair and her scalp was covered in a sort of white paste. At first I thought it was the conditioner so I asked her to rinse her hair again, but it was still there. There was loads of it - does anyone have any idea what it could be? It wasnt flakes like dandruff, it was just white and soggy sad. Any suggestions?

MindSweeper Mon 29-Aug-16 15:26:45

It's probably a build up of sebum.

Footle Mon 29-Aug-16 21:24:39

How horrid. Could you go with her to see the nurse at the GP surgery for advice ?

EmmaMacgill Mon 29-Aug-16 21:27:48

Wat age is she? If she's not so dextrous she may have trouble washing her hair thoroughly. If that's the case she will get a build up of grease/produce/general gunk in her scalp.

sadie9 Mon 29-Aug-16 23:05:14

Could be a build up a yeast/fungal stuff that causes dandruff. Shampoo like Nizoral used a couple of times a week might sort it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now