Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Started talking in my sleep

(14 Posts)
tigerdriverII Mon 29-Aug-16 13:01:56

Shouting and rambling on, more like. Never done it before but for the last few weeks, it's been every night. I take a reasonably high dose of Sertraline but that's been for the past 18 months, so nothing new.

Does anyone have any experience of this/words of wisdom?

tigerdriverII Mon 29-Aug-16 20:25:41

Bumping for the evening crowd

NavyandWhite Mon 29-Aug-16 20:32:48

I do this when I'm very stressed. Shouting and convinced whatever I'm talking about is absolutely true.

Are you under stress?

tigerdriverII Mon 29-Aug-16 21:17:34

Hi navy.

I'm always under stress! Nothing odd over the last few weeks apart from relaxing on a long holiday. Perhaps it's the LACK of stress!!

Redesul Mon 29-Aug-16 21:25:38

I've always talked in my sleep. I say all sorts of crap. The most memorable according to my partner is when I sat bolt up right shouting, "Snakes don't have cd players!"

I sleep walk too and bring and move random things about. My partner once woke up to a packet of monkey nuts on his pillow. Used to sleep walk down to the bus stop when I was a teenager. Our house backed onto an industrial estate that had a security guard, he'd simply walk me back to my door when it happened.

I also take Sertraline, but only for the past couple of years. Can't say it's gotten better or worse since taking them.

tigerdriverII Mon 29-Aug-16 21:36:33

Good to hear it's not just me. DS recorded me shouting 'Marbella' a couple of days ago. WTF?!?!

wheresmybloodygreencard Mon 29-Aug-16 21:39:02

My brother sleep eats, he sleepwalks to his kitchen and eats the most random things. Raw pasta, blocks of cheese.

Its totally normal! My boyfriend and I are both sleeptalkers, and i'm pretty sure we have the most random mismatched conversations we don't know about!

NavyandWhite Mon 29-Aug-16 21:40:00

Ha! Were you in Marbella?

It could be that you're winding down? Have you been drinking Metaxxa (sp) by any chance?

My friend goes very verbal after that stuff!

tigerdriverII Mon 29-Aug-16 22:27:55

I've never been to Marbella in my life! I was in the Wild West (Wyoming and South Dakota) when this happened

tigerdriverII Mon 29-Aug-16 23:35:26

Nother bump

idontevencare Mon 29-Aug-16 23:44:36

How do you know you've never done it before? Maybe it's that the person who has heard you is having problems sleeping so they've just become aware of it.

I once rolled over and said to my DH "cute dog". We don't have a dog.

tigerdriverII Mon 29-Aug-16 23:55:21

Well .. DH hasnt noticed for 33 years!???pretty sure its a new thing

tigerdriverII Mon 29-Aug-16 23:56:23

Anyway -,anyone hav any suggestions ?

redannie118 Tue 30-Aug-16 13:47:45

Hi op I slept walked/talked/ night terrors for years and still do onot occasion. The 2 biggest triggers for night issues are stress and hormones. Would there be any reason your hormones could be effected at the min? Also are you fit and well as my sleep issues were a lot worse if I was ill especially if I had a temperature.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now