Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ridiculous eyelash question

(6 Posts)
buddy79 Sat 27-Aug-16 20:57:20

Really ridiculous. I have a sort of ingrowing eyelash on my bottom lashes. It's growing in the right direction, same as all the other lashes, but under the skin. It's been there for a few months and I assumed it would just work it's way out but it's got bigger and is bit unsightly now as there's skin around it in a sort of lump! I feel too ridiculous to go to the GP - any suggestions?!! I've tried tweezing but it's too deep. Don't know who else to ask!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 27-Aug-16 20:59:36

Hot flannel and then try tweezing? I know what I would do but don't recommend it, I'd use a sterilised needle!

The proper answer is to see your GP.

Footle Sun 28-Aug-16 20:56:25

For god's sake don't attack it with a needle ! That's appalling advice. Your eyelid sounds as if it's in a real mess - what do you think doctors are there for ?

sami2885 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:58:02

I worked at our local hospital and the eye clinic had a specific weekly session for ingrowing eyelashes. I'd get yourself to the GP x x

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 28-Aug-16 21:27:11

I did admit it was appalling advicegrin

buddy79 Sun 28-Aug-16 22:58:18

Ha ha I'll steer clear of the needle option! Thanks feel a bit less silly now if it's an actual thing - I'll make a GP appt. Thanks all 🙂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now