Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

First time thrush/yeast infection- eeeeek (potentially tmi)

(6 Posts)
ChickyDuck Sat 27-Aug-16 19:25:17

So DP and I are on holiday and have DTD rather more than usual. Yesterday lunchtimeish I realised my labia minora and the opening to my vagina were slightly sore and terribly terribly itchy. I do sometimes get a bit sore if we are over-enthusiastic but I have never had this maddening itch before. I don't seem to have any unusual discharge or odour.

I tried to go to a pharmacy this afternoon but could't find one open. In the small Spanish town we are in, I suspect it will be Monday before I can get any medical help.

So I put it to mumsnet! Does this sound like thrush or a yeast infection or neither or somethings g else entirely? Is there anything I can do to help it clear up? If all else fails I will be able to see a doctor back home on Wednesday but it would be lovely to stop the itching! Thanks in advance for the advice.

P.S. I really would rather stay away from the natural yogurt!

ChickyDuck Sat 27-Aug-16 19:38:51

Bumping in desperation...

chough Sat 27-Aug-16 19:39:17

Could it be irritation due to a different soap or shower gel: have you bought something new for holiday?
I can only use Femfresh, and would be sore and itchy if I used something else.
Was like this once when I used some dead sea bath salts- nice, but they had petal things in.

ChickyDuck Sat 27-Aug-16 19:49:24

Hmmm I have used different washing powder for clothes? Otherwise brought all my shower stuff from home...

chough Sat 27-Aug-16 19:52:32

Not sure about thrush, if there's no discharge.
Can only suggest a soothing bath or shower, perhaps just wash with plain water.
Then see a pharmacist as soon as you can for Lanacane or similar.

ChickyDuck Sat 27-Aug-16 20:06:40

Hmm thanks. Have been washing without soap or anything since symptoms started, and will get to a pharmacy ASAP! Was just wondering if anyone had any miraculous home care tips as well hehe!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now