Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help! Breast pain panic

(7 Posts)
SaltyRock Thu 25-Aug-16 22:48:52

The last 4 or so days I noticed a sudden pain in my left breast if I bumped it but didn't think it was a big deal. Today it is still a significant pain, not subsided at all, and if I prod the left side in one spot it really hurts.
I'm winding myself up into a panic now. It feels deep in the breast, but I can't feel a lump or anything.
I'll book an appointment at the doctor asap but wondered if anyone has had the same thing and can give any advice please?
Thanks

NavyandWhite Fri 26-Aug-16 14:14:25

Yes I've had similar a few months ago for the same amount of amount of time. It went on its own and I wondered if it was hormonal?

I would have gone to the GP had it carried on.

Silvercatowner Fri 26-Aug-16 18:45:10

I have all sorts of random lumps, bumps and soreness in my boobs. 99.9999% of cancers are painless though, so my doctor told me to stop panicking every time a new painful lump emerged.

ArmyInRed Fri 26-Aug-16 18:50:30

I agree it could be hormonal..maybe track it and see how it goes in terms of your cycle.

Draylon Fri 26-Aug-16 23:47:41

Just saying that, for the record, breast cancer very rarely 'hurts' as a 'symptom'.

If the pain arises, recedes, arises, you need to be thinking 'cyst'. Not cancer.

Nothing can be ruled out, go to your GP but I'd eat my hat if it turns out badly!

SaltyRock Sat 27-Aug-16 19:35:44

Thanks all. Turned out to be mastitis, which I didn't realise you could get if you weren't breastfeeding!
Phew, panic over!

ArmyInRed Sat 27-Aug-16 19:38:26

Good news smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now