Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

medical/health insurance

(3 Posts)
SquidgeyMidgey Mon 22-Aug-16 21:14:54

Sorry if it's not the right board.

We're looking into this, got it down to bupa and AXA. Any experiences of either or recommendations of an alternative please?

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 23-Aug-16 09:04:39

I've got BUPA through work and, while it was a help when I needed my gallbladder removed urgently, I probably wouldn't choose them. They have reduced the fees they will pay (I know someone who had to pay the difference as their operation went on longer than planned) and some of their exclusions are rubbish. DH dislocated his right shoulder before we had BUPA and so we had to declare it. They have also excluded the right one...

Is AXA part of PPP (or vice versa)? I had that at a previous job and apparently it's very good cover. I didn't claim so don't know personally though.

SquidgeyMidgey Tue 23-Aug-16 12:38:37

Thanks PinkSparklyPussyCat, I was thinking bupa looked the lesser of the two so you've confirmed that in my mind! I think AXA are part of PPP, the bloke who rang me was very good and jigged the quote to make it more competitive while upping the level of cover. I think we will probably go with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now