Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone used estriol cream on episiotomy?

(1 Post)
muminmanchester Sat 20-Aug-16 11:46:56

Not sure if this is the right place for this so admin please move if you need to...

So DS is 8.5 months old now and I'm still having problems with my episiotomy. It's excruciatingly painful when any pressure is applied to it - so sex is pretty much out of the question. Not eligible for Fentons procedure because the scar tissue is so deep in the vaginal wall.

My consultant has prescribed estriol cream for 6 weeks to try and help reduce the pain. If it doesn't make a difference then the next step is quarterly steroid injections into the vaginal wall for as long as it takes, which would probably need to be done under general.

Anyone used estriol or had injections and had a good result? I'm really scared that they won't work... And really don't fancy a general anaesthetic every 3 months! Would also quite like to have sex again one day!!! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now