Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why am I so hot all the time?

(6 Posts)
Overated Sat 20-Aug-16 10:24:12

I am almost permanently too hot, and have been for months now. It's not hot flashes in the sense that I don't sweat particularly, unless I am active, and it doesn't come and go. It's nearly all the time. Mornings are worse, afternoons usually bad too, nights not so bad. I have taken my temperature a number of times and it varies between 37.2 and 37.7, which is a bit high I believe? It is unpleasant doing anything much more than gentle pottering around since I feel so over heated. And it is energy sapping too.

I'm 50 and already on HRT, which doesn't seem to have had much effect on the hotness either way. I am also on sertraline for depression. Thyroid apparently fine. I am fed up with it! Any ideas as to why I am like this would be really helpful sad

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 20-Aug-16 10:27:41

Menopause.

You still get hot on HRT .

It's grimflowers

wfrances Sat 20-Aug-16 11:55:32

i know how you feel , im always sweating and boiling hot feel feverish but my temperature swings between 35.2 - 36.5 so obviously not a fever.
ive had no solid answers yet just best guesses.
im 40 and according to last tests my hormone levels are normal.

augustusglupe Mon 22-Aug-16 08:22:22

I really would guess Menopause OP. I'm 52 and I tend to get bouts of being very hot/slight sweating now. But a few years ago I went through, sometimes months, of just being very hot, mainly at night for me.
I'm not on HRT though.

washerwomans Mon 22-Aug-16 08:40:22

Do you need to increase the dose of your HRT? Sounds as if it's not enough to control your symptoms.

Overated Tue 23-Aug-16 13:15:43

Consensus is menopause then. I'm a nicely glowing 37.6 today, feel more like going to have a cool lie down than taking my stroppy pre-teens out! Ho hum. Thanks everyone for replying, I think I will have a chat with my GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now