Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ibs in pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Nicolajane89 Tue 16-Aug-16 09:27:22

So I'm almost 12 weeks and am suffering with bouts of IBS. Mine is often anxiety or food triggered. I have gotten off lightly with morning sickness and only had mild nausea but I've had alot of aversions and really only fancied carbs for the past 6 weeks. Hence the ibs coming back. It's so tough because when I used to get it I'd detox for a day or 2 and starve the issue and then I'd feel better again. But as you all know you can't let yourself starve in first trimester otherwise you feel sick ! I suffer with the mild constipation followed by urgency to go to loo. Not actual diarrhea though. Also I suffer silent reflux with the awful stomach rumbling feeling even when I'm not hungry! Sorry this is a rambling message , I'm just wondering if anyone has any natural remedies for in pregnancy? Apart from the cutting out the carbs lol ! Thanks in advance!

Simmi1 Tue 16-Aug-16 10:27:33

Hi OP, colpermin, ginger tea, peppermint tea, fennel travel and I think buscopan is ok too although best to check. Good luck. My IBS only started after my second pregnancy so no expert with IBS in pregnancy flowers

Nicolajane89 Tue 16-Aug-16 20:21:21

Oh really I didn't think Buscopan would be allowed. I'll definitely check that out! Thanks so much ! It's horrid isn't it ! Xx

Simmi1 Wed 17-Aug-16 00:07:40

I know it's allowed when breastfeeding. Yeah it's really horrible - you have my full sympathy. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now