Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mole(pictures)

(7 Posts)
Dominiquelarge Mon 15-Aug-16 08:15:38

Ive had this mole for as long as i can remember. It used to be flat when i was little (i think) and its been getting bumpier with the years. Now i used to scratch it off when i was little because i hated it which might be why its weird shaped but i have anxiety so my brain is thinking cancer. Any opinions? Does it look ok?

PollyPerky Mon 15-Aug-16 08:17:55

No one can diagnose you over the web. Sorry! Go and show it to your GP.
The 'rule' is that any mole which changes colour, bleeds, has a dark centre, irregular outline, needs checking.

NeverTalksToStrangers Mon 15-Aug-16 08:19:39

I've had moles checked before. They look for uneven edges, uneven colour, irregular shapes, bleeding etc.

I'd get it checked but it certainly doesn't look too bad to me. Safe than sorry though.

reallyanotherone Mon 15-Aug-16 08:19:58

Yep, go see your gp.

It sounds like it could be sebhorreic ketosis, which is harmless, but there is no way to tell over the internet..

originalmavis Mon 15-Aug-16 08:20:19

Some pharmacies have mole clinics which are walk ins so they can give you a very quick check up. It's probably fine but best to get it seen quickly so that it's not niggling away.

wfrances Mon 15-Aug-16 13:29:31

just ask your gp, id noticed one had grown in size and its edges were irregular.
i was sent to the dermatologist within 2 weeks and it was removed in 10 days just came back abnormal but no further treatment needed as they removed quite a bit around it.
the removal didn't hurt at all (mine was on my breast)

NavyandWhite Tue 16-Aug-16 15:05:50

Does it bleed?

I would get it checked tbh. Always better to be safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now