Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DHs night waking

(2 Posts)
TGIFAgain Sat 13-Aug-16 13:34:45

Not sure if this is the right place for this but it's a health problem of sorts so I hope so.

DH is 23, takes Antidepressents (Prozac) for depression and Loratodine for Hayfever. He doesn't drink or smoke. Works 22-27 hours per week.

I am exhausted. He wakes me up every night without fail in his sleep; if I roll over he wakes me up trying to "stop me falling off" I'm a 25 year old woman who hasn't fallen out of bed since she was drunk at university he then needs reassurance that I'm ok and not going anywhere, this can take 20-30minutes sometimes, all the time he's still asleep and doesn't remember ir. Sometimes he just wakes me up to talk to me in his sleep and everytime I tell him I want to sleep he'll carry on, often it's jibberish so not even a proper conversation. Sometimes he wakes me up every hour but generally it's at least 3-4 times per night, on top of getting up 1-2 times with DD.

If we sleep separately he shouts me either til he wakes DD (14months) up or I give in and go to him.

I cannot cope anymore. I'm exhausted, can barely keep my eyes open, let alone look after DD, I get headaches and nausea due to the lack of sleep.

Any advise please to stop it til we can get a doctors appointment? I need my sleep

TheFuzz Mon 15-Aug-16 00:31:38

Could easily be a mix of the medication. If it's still happening when in different rooms then there may be interaction between the two. Check on line for known side effects. He may need alternatives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now