Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What happened? Scared.. is my nocturnal epilepsy changing to waking fits.

(6 Posts)
listsandbudgets Sat 13-Aug-16 08:10:56

I went for a walk on cliffs last night (on holiday in Cornwall) and after about 10 minutes suddenly found myself sitting on the grass crying and feeling very disorientated. No one was about so started walking back but felt very achey and everything spinning. There were steps and I had to get am elderly couple to help me down as I felt so dizzy and couldnt balance properly.they were very kind but I think they assumed I was drunk sad

In the past I've only had seizures in my sleep so what the hell happened. Still feeling shakey now

ILoveMyMonkey Sat 13-Aug-16 08:37:05

I'm so sorry, what an awful and scary experience for you. I don't really have any experience of epilepsy but at a guess it does sound like you had a seizure so might be worth a call to your consultants. Hope you are feeling better today flowers

reallyanotherone Sat 13-Aug-16 10:10:56

Presumably you have a diagnosis and treatment plan for your night epilepsy?

As monkey says, call your consultants secretary and ask for a review.

listsandbudgets Sat 13-Aug-16 11:25:46

Thank you. Luckily I have an appointment with the consultant in mid September anyway so will email in advance and let him know what happened. My medication was changed a couple of months ago and for various reasons I don't think it's suiting me.

Feeling mainly better now but keep scaring myself witless thinking what might have happened on the cliff if I'd gone towards edge instead of grassy side

YorkshireBelle2016 Sun 14-Aug-16 22:38:19

Maybe the symptoms are due to arrive effects of your new meds? I changed to carbamazepine a year ago and amongst others, the dizziness, anxiety, imbalance and sometimes disorientation have been awful x

YorkshireBelle2016 Sun 14-Aug-16 22:39:59

Side effects, sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now