Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Booked in for a tattoo TOMORROW but thinking I may be pregnant?! SOMEONE HELP IT'S AT 10AM.

(5 Posts)
Tattooedmommybear2 Thu 11-Aug-16 23:40:10

Okay this is really really panicking me. I have no clue what to do. it's half eleven and I am panicking myself so much I may puke.

I have put off this tattoo twice and tomorrow I am finally getting it done. Due to my anxiety and stuff I panic a fair bit and if I'm on my own I can't do it so I've found time around my fiancee and our kids to finally get something I've wanted for over two years BUT we have been trying for a baby and I'm starting to get a few little symptoms we instantly thought oh yeah it's just hormones but now it's got to the point I had all the symptoms I had with my first pregnancy and I've done a test but it was a stupid cheap one so I'm even more panicked if that's negative and I do go through with the tattoo that It may damage a baby I have no clue about and cause something awful to happen.

I mean I don't wanna go through with it but it's a big thing, a very personal tattoo for me of a passing of a grandparent so obviously I'm a bit upset if I have to cancel but I'd be even more upset if I lost a baby I didn't know about and we've tried so hard for BUT then what if I'm not? I've panicked myself into this crazy moment and It's nothing but a silly scare. Does anyone know a test that would test any slight trace of pregnancy? I've tried first response but others have said clear blue 100% but if I'm only a few days or a week would it detect? Lord jesus someone help me.

Fridgedooropen Thu 11-Aug-16 23:42:47

The First Response early response ones say they can detect it from I think five days before your period is due. I take it you're late? I'd go and buy a sensitive test first thing in the morning.

Tattooedmommybear2 Thu 11-Aug-16 23:48:12

I'm due in 6 days but I don't know somethings just a bit off, I'm not myself at all right now and normally I put it down to my period coming but It feels very very different this time. I'm really panicked I'm sat like a crazy person looking for any answer possible!

3luckystars Thu 11-Aug-16 23:49:53

Postpone the tattoo.

Tattooedmommybear2 Fri 12-Aug-16 10:30:59

I have, me and my fiancee decided last night that It's safer to not get any tattoos until after I've had a baby or we stopped trying for one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now