Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

52 Small Changes - Week 33

(9 Posts)
NightWanderer Mon 08-Aug-16 20:40:17

Week 33 - Pick Up a Hobby

Although spending time on a hobby might seem like a waste of time or something that should be saved for later in life, it can actually be beneficial to people of all ages. Whether or not you're fortunate enough to have a career you're passionate about, a hobby can bring a new dimension to your life.

The Change

Enjoy a hobby or variety of hobbies at least once a week.

Last week's change

8FencingWire Mon 08-Aug-16 21:47:10

Hobby...hmmm, food for thought.
Thank you for the thread smile

DrDiva Tue 09-Aug-16 10:35:46

Thank you for the thread! Does cleaning count as a hobby grin ?

Margarita your jumping in the waves sounds idyllic! I am looking forward to going on holiday next Thursday.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Tue 09-Aug-16 13:55:15

These weeks are flying by!

I will ponder hobbies.

Will be doing lots of gardening when we move.

margaritasbythesea Tue 09-Aug-16 14:54:07

If it makes you feel better I am being bitten to death by mosquitos!

Thanks for the new thread. Learning Spanish is my new hobby

Stellar67 Wed 10-Aug-16 06:54:05

I'm behind.

I have lots of hobbies to start, all in little piles along the wall in my bedroom. Sewing, knitting, reading...

One day I will make time to sit and do them.

NightWanderer Thu 11-Aug-16 23:28:36

I am also starting a language class from September. I love crafting and have a huge stash of wool and fabric but no time to make anything. I used to take a sewing class once a month. I'd like to set aside one afternoon a week for crafting but it's hard to find the time.

DrDiva Sat 13-Aug-16 07:39:57

I want to get back to crafting too! Maybe I will start with 10 mins after dinner before cleaning kitchen doing school lunches tidying living room etc

NightWanderer Mon 15-Aug-16 02:01:26

Here is the next challenge

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/2708277-52-Small-Changes-Week-34?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now