Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Waterpik water flosser - anyone used one?

(12 Posts)
poochiepants Fri 05-Aug-16 10:34:50

Just that, really, and how do you rate it?

Thanks

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 05-Aug-16 10:37:52

We have the Phillips air flosser, it's good but doesn't replace flossing. Expensive gadget but great if you have braces.

Tubbyinthehottub Fri 05-Aug-16 10:38:53

I don't really have sensitive teeth but found the jet of cold water almost unbearable! Stopped using it and went back to Oral B satin floss. You could always put warm water in it I suppose.

seoda24 Fri 05-Aug-16 10:44:27

I use it with warmish water and find it good.It takes a bit of time to get used to as at the beginning there was more water on my face than in my mouth !!!

poochiepants Fri 05-Aug-16 10:55:38

I have lots of crowns and veneers so flossing doesn't really work for me - I like the brushes but am always nervous of "dislodging" a fake tooth!

cexuwaleozbu Fri 05-Aug-16 10:56:25

I have the oral B flosser and have been using it for 6 months now. Recently went to the dentist for a checkup and for the first time I can remember didn't get admonished for insufficient cleaning and poor gum condition, so I am happy.

poochiepants Fri 05-Aug-16 10:57:17

Am thinking wrapping myself in a big towel when I first use one, Seoda24 !!!

cexuwaleozbu Fri 05-Aug-16 10:58:29

Sorry I got confused I have the Phillips air flosser

poochiepants Fri 05-Aug-16 11:00:16

thanks for the alternative brand reviews, Cexu and Dame - will check them out too!

llwynogbach Fri 05-Aug-16 11:09:45

I have the Philips airflosser, I brought it when I had a fixed brace fitted, just had that removed and now I think I love it even more. It blasts my teeth clean grin

Heatherjayne1972 Sat 06-Aug-16 17:26:38

It's pretty good but not a substitute for interdental cleaning with either floss or tepee ( or similar type of brush )

DoitotmeSheldon Sat 06-Aug-16 17:32:34

Watching with interest . My DS had a fixed brace fitted yesterday he's in a world of pain sad. we've got him a load of interdental brushes, but I've seen these and wondered how good they are

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now