Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Suddenly dizzy and no energy

(4 Posts)
Minime85 Thu 04-Aug-16 19:48:28

Partner has just come in from walking the dog and has suddenly gone extremely dizzy and exhausted. Gone very cold and clamy. Wondered if anyone knows of any bugs that do this? So unlike him and has literally had to go to bed. All I can think of is flu?

wfrances Thu 04-Aug-16 19:55:07

i get like this when my blood pressure or my sugar levels drop.
after 2 cups of tea and biscuits/cake ,im usually ok.

LifeIsGoodish Thu 04-Aug-16 20:10:53

I wonder whether it is a bug. I had adapt like that last week. Had dreadful dizzy spells in the morning. When I was in town, shopping, suddenly found that I could not walk in a straight line - kept veering off to one side, as if I was drunk. Shaky and cold. Felt awful. Stopped to have tea and a bun in supermarket cafe, felt marginally better, finished shopping. Made it home, asked dc to put shopping away while I went to bed. Bed felt like a boat, rocking on waves. Slept on and off through the afternoon and evening, similarly slept badly that night, but following day dizzy was and shakiness were gone, I just felt drained. Some sort of 24h virus?

Minime85 Thu 04-Aug-16 21:08:20

Thank you both, gave him two mug fills of sugary tea and he is feeling much better already. Was bizarre just not like him at all he isn't a man flu type or anything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now