Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone got experience of Valplast or flexible dentures?

(3 Posts)
h0rsewithn0name Wed 03-Aug-16 20:53:59

I have had a denture for the last 10 years - there are two teeth on it. I hate the denture with a passion. It makes my mouth sore, and comes loose when I eat bread or cake. I've also got a slight lisp. It was, admittedly, a basic NHS denture.

Fast forward to now, and I'm in a financial position to update the denture. Implants are out of the question as the scan I've had confirms I would need a bone graft and sinus lift (costing £7000!). So I have two choices...

I can have a four tooth bridge, costing £2800. The downside of this is that the dentist would have to drill and adapt a perfectly good tooth to anchor it. With my teeth in such bad shape, it seems criminal to willfully drill into a good tooth.

My other option is a Valplast flexible denture. Apparently these fit like a glove, don't slip and you hardly know you have them. This sounds too good to be true and I wondered if anyone on mn would share their experience. This denture will cost about £1000.

StillMedusa Thu 04-Aug-16 19:18:11

No experience but bookmarking for interest! I lost two teeth unecessarily to Trigeminal Neuralgia..don't dare have a bridge in case it sparks it off again and have given up on the horrible NHS plate.
How are they different?

h0rsewithn0name Thu 04-Aug-16 21:39:11

Thanks Medusa. Apparently the Valplast dentures are sort of rubbery, so mould better to your gums and don't dig in. They are also smaller. I'd love to hear from someone that has got one though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now