Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stinging burning patch on thigh. Any ideas?

(6 Posts)
MrsLouisTomlinson Wed 03-Aug-16 18:04:37

Obviously I'll see the GP if it persists but I was wondering if you all had any ideas what this could be and if it sounds concerning.

On my right upper thigh I have a patch of skin that has developed a stinging burning sensation. It feels like it's sunburnt and is super sensitive to touch and clothes. There is no rash or visual skin changes that I can see but it's getting really quite painful.

Anyone got any ideas?

kelper Wed 03-Aug-16 18:09:40

No idea but watching with interest as I had this on the top of my foot a few months ago and it was agony, then eventually went on its own.
Hope yours clears up OP, or someone suggests what it could be

mishmash1979 Wed 03-Aug-16 22:30:02

My stinging/burning pain on my upper breast has been diagnosed as neuropathic pain. The stinging is common apparentky in this sort of pain

Bugsylugs Wed 03-Aug-16 22:33:24

Outer thigh? Meralgia paraesthetica?

Milliways Wed 03-Aug-16 23:03:01

Yep, agree with Meralgia Paraestherica. I get this, and also patches on my lower legs that get really painful then just disappear.
I was given an MRI to check no compression in hip/spine as have had several hip surgeries, but it is basically a functional nerve pain.

MrsLouisTomlinson Thu 04-Aug-16 01:49:21

Hmmm, I've had a quick Google and that could fit although it is inner thigh also. Think I will make a docs appointment of it doesn't settle on its own in the next day or two. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now