Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Horrendous athlete's foot while pregnant

(5 Posts)
daisygirlmac Sun 31-Jul-16 12:15:26

I have the worst athlete's foot I have ever had, I've been treating it for over a week with the Canesten stuff as it's the only thing the pharmacist said was safe to use while pregnant. It has had absolutely no effect and yesterday the skin has split badly round three of my toes, I'm going to go to GP tomorrow but does anyone have any tips to make it bearable until then?

Imnotaslimjim Sun 31-Jul-16 12:19:49

apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp in half a pint of water then use to bathe effected area. I use it for vaginal thrush too.

Wolpertinger Sun 31-Jul-16 12:32:23

Over a week is not a long time for athlete's foot and canesten. You have to be absolutely obsessional that the skin isn't getting reinfected from socks , towels or shoes as well. You can get a Canesten spray to spray inside all of your shoes.

On the plus side I found that as mine improved the skin all flaked off and looked v raw before getting better so the skin splitting could be a good sign <<clutches at straws>>

daisygirlmac Sun 31-Jul-16 13:03:05

Ah thanks both, I will have a go. I've been washing and drying feet every day before putting on clean socks and have sprayed shoes. I'm just concerned it's getting worse and worse and this split has made it unbearable!

Wolpertinger Sun 31-Jul-16 13:29:08

Fingers crossed worse and worse is infected skin coming off with healthy skin underneath toes crossed as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now