Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

52 Small Changes - Week 31

(17 Posts)
NightWanderer Thu 28-Jul-16 08:30:06

So sorry to be late in posting this.

Week 31 - Another One Bites the Dust

Dust is a natural part of every home. What is found in dust depends on whether or not you have pets, where you live, what you cook, if you smoke, the type of furniture and flooring you have, and other factors as well. Dust is made up of everything from dead skin, pet dander, food, and dead cockroaches to living organisms, such as bacteria, fungus, and microscopic critters called dust mites. Dust mites in particular feed on dead skin and are often found inside mattresses, bedding, and upholstered furniture. Needless to say, dust isn't an attractive element to a home.

Challenge: Develop and implement a regular dust-reduction strategy.

NightWanderer Thu 28-Jul-16 08:33:52

Last week's challenge

margaritasbythesea Thu 28-Jul-16 09:42:19

Yeah. Really probably not happening here. grin

NightWanderer Thu 28-Jul-16 22:17:15

DS had a dust allergy so I tried really hard to eliminate dust. It's very hard because we live in a very dusty area, have 3 cats and I'm not great at housework. He's grown out of it (thank goodness!). Just keeping the house clean is a real struggle for me but I do my best.

quirkychick Fri 29-Jul-16 15:14:53

Oh lord, really struggling with the combination of school holidays/dcs at home and stopping the house turning into complete squalor!

That balance of trying to do stuff with the dcs e.g. this morning we went to the park for a children's theatre show; and getting general housework done, washing, kitchen cleared etc. Not helped by the fact I seem to have quite a stiff back, probably from lifting dd2 onto swings hmm.

I am trying to reduce our clutter, though, so that will make dusting easier... when I finally get round to it.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 29-Jul-16 18:49:50

Time for one of my favourite Joan Rivers quotes.

"Housework is so boring and repetitive. You decide to clean the house from top to bottom. Fine. Looks lovely.

Fifteen years later you have to fucking do it all again! Tut!"

grin

NightWanderer Fri 29-Jul-16 23:53:51

I think if it was 15 years later, I'd feel a lot better. I spent ages cleaning the living room and 2 days later it was a bomb site again. My kids are mess magnets!

Definitely hard to do this challenge in the summer holidays though.

quirkychick Sat 30-Jul-16 15:14:34

grin Bewitched, I will be quoting that one!

DrDiva Sun 31-Jul-16 13:13:32

Oh I couldn't find you for a bit there!

I have an excellent dust reduction strategy. It's called a cleaner.

I have a small shrine to her at which I worship daily.

Stellar67 Mon 01-Aug-16 09:36:35

I dust if it's raining.
Okay occasionally I will dust if it's raining.

Just looked at shelves blushI will dust today.

DrDiva Mon 01-Aug-16 19:26:09

grin how's the weather where you are, stellar ?

Stellar67 Mon 01-Aug-16 20:27:47

Oh it rained all day, may be on for the week wink

8FencingWire Wed 03-Aug-16 21:42:58

Shhh, I dust and do a quick hoover every dayblush
I do 15 mins in the morning and 15 min after work, that includes tidying, wiping the sinks, quick dust, bleach the loo etc.
I'm not (completely) crazy, we do the same at work at the beginning and end of the day, so it's just something I do automatically, damp dust everything in sight blush

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 05-Aug-16 18:49:37

Every day? Yikes! blush

NightWanderer Fri 05-Aug-16 23:11:27

I think I forgot to post this week's, did I? I'm a little confused.

NightWanderer Fri 05-Aug-16 23:38:47

Here is next week's challenge

NightWanderer Fri 05-Aug-16 23:42:59

I think that's great. I'd love to get in the habit of doing a little dusting every day.

I posted the next challenge just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now