Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Diagnose me please, not sure if heat related

(11 Posts)
MegGriffin Tue 19-Jul-16 21:11:22

I have a fast heart rate (for me) 100bpm. I have been hot all daylike everyone but now feel cold. Temperature 38.3, banging headache, cold hands and feet. I have a blood pressure machine and and its 155/89. I spent an hour in the shade from 1-2 pm (work in a school) but otherwise have been indoors. Any ideas would be great. I have just taken ibuprofen as this has come on quite quickly.

MegGriffin Tue 19-Jul-16 21:12:20

Temp 38.6 now

genome Tue 19-Jul-16 21:13:41

Sounds like heat exhaustion maybe? Lots of water and cool yourself with damp cloths etc.

genome Tue 19-Jul-16 21:16:12

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Heat-exhaustion-and-heatstroke/Pages/Introduction.aspx

MegGriffin Tue 19-Jul-16 21:17:48

Thanks genome, I am wondering if thats what it is.

fanjoforthemammaries Tue 19-Jul-16 21:23:07

Could be an infection coming on too. Hope you feel better soon

genome Tue 19-Jul-16 21:23:43

Get yourself cooled down and rehydrated then you should feel much better!

MegGriffin Tue 19-Jul-16 21:30:34

Thanks fanjo. I cant believe this is happening two days before I break up. I have been off already nearly 5 months this term with a back op and i had d&v about three weeks ago with two days off. I cant bear the thought of having to ring in sick tomorrow... Have taken paracetamol as well now, hope that helps. I appreciate your replies.

MegGriffin Tue 19-Jul-16 21:31:30

will do genome.

amarmai Tue 19-Jul-16 21:33:26

I used to teach in an upstairs room with a wall of windows and no blinds The temp got into the 90sCelsius by mid afternoon and I felt like you describe. Lay a wet cloth around your neck and put your head under the cold tap . Run the cold water over your wrists and keep your feet in a basin of cold water....Heat stroke is dangerous .

MegGriffin Tue 19-Jul-16 21:35:30

Thanks armarmai, schools are ridiculously hot and of course we are always busy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now