Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chest pain. Ouch!

(13 Posts)
LetMeJustStepOnMySoapbox Mon 18-Jul-16 14:47:45

I have a really horrendous chest pain that has been twinging on and off for a week. I thought I'd pulled a muscle last Monday but it wasn't too bad.

It started to really hurt 24 hours ago and I can barely move. My breathing is really shallow because proper breaths cause searing agony across my chest. I can't lift anything (even a cup of tea), find a comfortable position to sit in. I can't work out if it's at the front of my chest, back or in the middle.

I didn't sleep much last night, the pain is so bad it catches my breath.

I had slight pins and needles in my fingertips briefly last night but i think that's stopped now.

I can't get comfortable, it's painful constantly. I pulled a muscle in my neck once and it felt very similar. I think it's either a trapped nerve or a pulled muscle but I'm no doctor and I can't get to the doctors because I can't drive!

I tried some gentle yoga stretches of my arms and chest but that was a huge mistake and it was agony. Even the ones that weren't, didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

flanjabelle Mon 18-Jul-16 14:49:34

Call 111 op, but be prepared that they will send an ambulance. Chest pain that is also felt in the back is going to make them panic about a heart problem. Good luck.

zofranks Mon 18-Jul-16 14:51:25

If you can't drive you should either call an ambulance yourself or is there someone that could come & take you to a&e? Don't leave it, it's chest pain, better to be safe than sorry imo.

Good luck - Please let us know how you get on

LetMeJustStepOnMySoapbox Mon 18-Jul-16 14:51:54

Ah crap, I was worried someone might say that.

LetMeJustStepOnMySoapbox Mon 18-Jul-16 14:52:35

No, no one who can take me. Everyone's at work.

I'll do that then. Thanks.

LetMeJustStepOnMySoapbox Mon 18-Jul-16 15:33:10

On my way to a and e. thanks

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 18-Jul-16 15:35:09

You shouldn't drive yourself!

Glad you're going to get seen, hope it's nothing sinister.

zofranks Mon 18-Jul-16 16:10:02

good luck - thinking of you - let us all know what it is - hope it is something minor

flanjabelle Mon 18-Jul-16 17:54:30

Hope it goes ok op. You just don't mess around with chest pain. No doctor is going to think you are wasting their time if you turn up with chest pain.

Hope you are getting on ok.

minmooch Mon 18-Jul-16 22:10:20

Hope you are ok op

LetMeJustStepOnMySoapbox Mon 18-Jul-16 22:57:07

Still alive!

It wasn't a heart attack or anything so dramatic or exciting. They weren't sure what, but the ECG was fine so I was sent away with some painkillers and 'something musculoskeletal'.

So much hanging around though!

Thank you smile

LetMeJustStepOnMySoapbox Mon 18-Jul-16 22:57:36

Oh and my friend drove. I couldn't have!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 18-Jul-16 23:30:39

Glad you're OK! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now