Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump thing on DD arm

(2 Posts)
Hoppinggreen Sat 16-Jul-16 12:32:19

Dd11 has had what we thought was a wart on the inside of her elbow for about a year. She didn't want it removed and I didn't force her.
She's starting a new school in September and asked for me to make an appointment to get it froze by our Gp and removed before then so I did and she has one with the minor surgery clinic a week on Friday. Last weekend after going swimming it almost doubled in size in 2 days and looked infected. Trip to GP and anti biotics last Monday.
I've been changing the dressing every day and she says it's very sore and he whole area is red. Last night I noticed it was even redder with a red patch around it and it was weeping . Trip to OOH for a change in antibiotics.
Doc there said she didn't think it was a wart and it should biopsied once it's removed but also it won't be frozen but will need to be cut out.
DD had absolute hysterics - she is terrified of needles and there is absolutely NO WAY she will allow the doctor to inject a local there and cut it off. Last year she needed a blood test and it took me and 2 nurses 45 minutes before we gave up. She's almost as big as me so I can't force her.
DH and mil just keep saying she will have to but in practical terms I just don't know what to do.
Any suggestions, can pay for Private treat,net if necessary. Would the hospital do it with gas and air I wonder?

Loungingbutnotforlong Tue 19-Jul-16 08:33:33

Last year my DD (3) needed to have blood taken- they first used an anaesthetic cream which completely numbed the area in about 30 mins- then took the blood, using a pillow so that she couldn't see- all very easy and pain free when I had been expecting major problems. Could the GP do something similar for an 11 year old?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now