Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Strange?

(6 Posts)
womanwhowantstohelp Mon 11-Jul-16 14:16:07

Don't know if this is the right board for this so feel free to move if it is not. I have had odd symptoms lately and was just wondering if anyone has experience/advice on them?

I have hhad the following: feeling faint on standing up, extremely increased heartrate (increased by over 45 BPM). I know that because of a cool little app. I've also had extreme dizziness and a tight chest. I really would appreciate some advice on these as they're really starting to worry me!I

Imnotaslimjim Mon 11-Jul-16 14:19:05

The faint feeling on standing is usually caused by a drop in blood pressure but there are many things that can cause it. Is your heart rate increased all the time or only after/during the dizziness/faintness? Have you ever been anaemic?

womanwhowantstohelp Mon 11-Jul-16 14:50:37

I've been tested for anaemia in the past but it came back negative, I've been more concerned about it now though.

womanwhowantstohelp Mon 11-Jul-16 14:51:43

Oh and it's not always increased. It's in normal range when sitting or lying down.

BeenThereTooSEL Mon 11-Jul-16 14:55:32

Have a look at POTS Syndrome

womanwhowantstohelp Mon 11-Jul-16 15:17:29

I've heard of POTS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now