Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this? (Pic)

(7 Posts)
wheredidmy30sgo Sat 09-Jul-16 07:50:37

It appeared in my 20s (am now 40). It occasionally hurts but not for the most part. I just don't like. Now, a hair has started to grow out of it which I have to pluck out.

What is it? Can I get it removed?!

Thanks x

StealthPolarBear Sat 09-Jul-16 07:53:27

Lurking as I have one near my eyebrow. I assumed it was just a natural lump!

U2HasTheEdge Sat 09-Jul-16 13:53:02

I have one near my eyebrow as well, so does my son.

My derm said it is a mole, most likely started off as a small brown one and got damaged or something he said. I was shocked that it was a mole and had actually tried to drain the thing in the past.

He won't bloody remove it though.

wheredidmy30sgo Sat 09-Jul-16 21:44:43

Bum. I'd like to have mine removed. I feel like it will get more hideous the older I get!!

PollyPerky Sun 10-Jul-16 10:51:50

It's a mole. You can get it removed at a private hospital by a plastic surgeon. I had a much smaller one removed from my lip line. Expect to pay around £500 privately - unlikely you can get it done on the NHS as it's a 'cosmetic' procedure unless it's bleeding or looks cancerous.

wheredidmy30sgo Sun 10-Jul-16 11:39:30

Yowzer £500!!! I think you just put my vanity into perspective! I just need to learn to love it I guess grin

PollyPerky Sun 10-Jul-16 12:17:45

You could possibly get it slightly cheaper- look at Skin Clinics ( national) but if anyone's cutting and stitching your face you need a plastic surgeon not a dermo. I'd do it all again- had 3 stitches and you cannot see a thing now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now