Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Leaky nipples

(3 Posts)
alwaysinamuddle Sun 03-Jul-16 16:19:48

I'm really just after a bit of reassurance, or some similar experiences to put my mind at rest.

Sorry for TMI, but last night during sex I had some colostrum looking secretions from my right breast. I'm 98% sure I'm not pregnant, I'm on the Depo injection and microgynon together, and had about 4 days of heavy bleeding last week.
I've never had this happen before, and Google has not been my friend with all of its' horror stories.
I don't want to waste doctors time if it's likely to be nothing.

Has anyone had similar and it just been "one of those things"?

simplydivine05 Mon 04-Jul-16 11:50:50

I get this every day since coming off the pill in Feb last year. A gp previously dismissed it as normal but now we are having trouble conceiving so a fertility nurse has requested my prolactin level to be checked. I have been for the bloods this morning and will find out next Tuesday.
It isn't normal, but it isn't harmful as far as I know. I would push for your prolactin levels to be checked.

alwaysinamuddle Mon 04-Jul-16 15:57:37

Thank you so much for replying. I'll try and book a doctors appointment in that case. Thank you again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now