Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone had pneumonia? Is this normal?

(5 Posts)
ParisGellar Fri 01-Jul-16 08:27:17

I had pneumonia at the end of April and because I'm asthmatic ended up hospitalised for a week. I've had what has felt like a cold and cough ever since. I'm still coughing up green phlegm. I'm also fairly wheezy and reliant on my blue inhaler several times a day. Is this to be expected when recovering from pneumonia? Thanks.

SoupDragon Fri 01-Jul-16 08:29:02

It's not how DS1 was after he had pneumonia (although he does not have asthma). Have you seen your GP? If not, I would make an appointment.

ParisGellar Fri 01-Jul-16 10:00:45

Thanks, I saw the gp recently and had antibiotics for mastitis. He listened to my chest at the same time and said the mastitis antibiotics would clear up my chest too but I'm still very phlegmy. I was waiting to see the asthma consultant in clinic but that appointment isn't for 3 weeks so might need seeing before.

SoupDragon Fri 01-Jul-16 10:02:12

I would go as I would be worried about it getting worse.

ParisGellar Fri 01-Jul-16 10:10:47

Yes, I worry I'll have to go back in and my freezer stash of milk was used up last time, I'm now sat frantically expressing for ds. Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now