Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how easy is it to get a new dentist ?

(3 Posts)
LoonieToony Tue 28-Jun-16 22:06:19

I pay DenPlan and have done for 3 years. I've barely attended if I'm
Honest. I'm already pretty terrified - have tried to get over this fear but I cannot. I only ever go if I'm crippled with pain.

It also doesn't help that it's in my local village which is small and insular. Everyone seems to be either related or in friendships with someone. I would like to tell the dentist that I am fearful, ashamed of my teeth (post 20 years worth of Bulimia take their toll) and deeply embarrassed of the way I present in the dental chair.

I'm also ashamed of my teeth - crumbling in 2 parts, stained and generally in poor state. I would love to jab a complete smile, not gleaming white, but healthy. Just healthy.

I want to move practices. Anyone with any advice for me?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 28-Jun-16 22:08:59

It honestly depends how much availability other dentists near you have. It'll be easier if you don't need NHS care - just call a few you'd prefer, ask if they are taking on new patients, and ask if they accept Denplan. Simple as that smile

Good luck.

SchnitzelVonKrumm Tue 28-Jun-16 22:10:48

Denplan website has a list of dentists they work with though think you can use anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now