Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Very low resting heart rate - should I be worried?

(7 Posts)
Sugarwork Tue 28-Jun-16 21:49:23

I've got a Tom tom running watch and check my resting heart rate now and then. It's gone from an average of 54 to 49 and hit a new low of 44 last night (this is over 4 months since I got it).
Back story is that I'm 46, relatively fit but not THAT fit and am hypothyroid - but this is controlled and I had last blood test less than 2 months ago and it was fine.
I'm slightly concerned that it may be a sign of underlying heart prob but nor do I want to make a.fuss over nothing (particularly as I wouldn't even have known I had an issue if I didn't have a hrm).
Any ideas?

Orchidflower1 Tue 28-Jun-16 21:55:31

Hi firstly are you sure the running watch is working ok in the sense that it's tracking correctly do you have a dp or friend who could try it for you?
Secondly if watch appears ok may be worth a trip to doc under 50 Bpm is normally for very fit ( no offence ) peeps or older people. Hope you're ok xx

Sugarwork Tue 28-Jun-16 22:08:08

Thanks Orchid. Just checked Dhabi and it's working (he's 70bmp). When I push myself running it can go to 170bpm . Maybe it's just normal for me? I feel well but obviously don't want a heart attack

Sugarwork Tue 28-Jun-16 22:08:37

Dh not Dhabi

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 28-Jun-16 22:10:34

Mine is 43 according to my watch, backed up by my phone. Goes up to 195 if I run hard.

I don't think I've got any heart issues - I have my pulse taken regularly, along with my blood pressure, and nobody has ever flagged it as a problem!

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 28-Jun-16 22:11:04

Posted too soon. See a doctor if you're worried, though.

Sugarwork Tue 28-Jun-16 22:13:45

That's reassuring Anchor. I think I may be the worried well blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now