Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain left hand side under ribs

(4 Posts)
TheLibraryIsOpen Sun 26-Jun-16 18:08:24

Any ideas what could be causing this? It is tender and hurts all the time but is worse when sitting. I have had it for about a week. I suffer from anxiety and don't want to waste the Dr's time if it is nothing. I am determined not to Dr Google it as I will automatically assume I have the worst possible diagnosis that is shown.
Thanks.

sadie9 Sun 26-Jun-16 19:55:13

It could be gastritis, inflammation of stomach lining. Is it worse when stomach is empty? I have this and take tablets for it. See if Gaviscon, 3 times a day will help, however go to GP for a correct diagnosis, as I am only guessing. There is really only the stomach there to the left under the ribs. Mine does get worse with being stressed, or if with tomato based sauces, or alcohol.
Mine is also worse when sitting because maybe the ribs are squashing the stomach. However since taking the tablets I rarely get it anymore.

TheLibraryIsOpen Tue 28-Jun-16 18:32:46

Thank you for the response, went to DR and have been given Omeprazole to take once a day.

scaryteacher Tue 28-Jun-16 21:04:08

Mine is right hand side and I have been given Omeprazole as well. I'm also off for physio to see if the problem is my ribs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now