Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

throat infection

(5 Posts)
nibblingfingernails Sat 25-Jun-16 13:12:03

Started last Friday, got steady worse over the weekend, by Wednesday the muck that was coating my left tonsil had started to shift but my right tonsil was starting to hurt etc..... saw GP he gave me penicillin for a week (4Xs a day). They worked almost instantly, all muck has gone and on Thursday pain was very minimum too. Yesterday throat started to get sore again and now can barely swallow. No more muck on tonsils but I am getting a post drip down the back of my throat.

What can I do to help relieve the pain? I am taking neurophen about every 5 hrs including through the night.

Badders123 Sat 25-Jun-16 19:04:02

Dr should have given you 10 days of abx
Can you phone ooh and get a prescription?

nibblingfingernails Sat 25-Jun-16 19:10:40

I still have penicillin until Tuesday. I had hoped that it had started to clear up - Still no muck but swallowing is so painful. Had tomato soup for lunch and oh boy did that hurt!

nibblingfingernails Sat 25-Jun-16 22:02:09

Still really hurting sad

Badders123 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:03:13

Try difflam spray - from chemists
Also try gargling with soluble co codamol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now