Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really bad thrush - fluconazole capsule question.

(11 Posts)
Dorisdolalee Fri 24-Jun-16 23:17:01

How many fluconazole can I take? It's 150g
Last time doc prescribed two but this is a persistent case and not going as quickly as before. I've had 2 over 3 days.
Im doing all the other stuff and the cream stings.
Thanks.

Dorisdolalee Sat 25-Jun-16 08:12:52

Bumping

hollinhurst84 Sun 26-Jun-16 02:33:42

Pass. Can you use the pessary? I find it 100 X more effective

AmazingDisgrace Mon 27-Jun-16 14:21:13

I'd use the pessary and take the tablet.

Sanibel09 Mon 27-Jun-16 15:54:44

I have to take a 50mg capsule every day, so I shouldn't think taking a couple of the 150 should hurt over a week. Can yoy ask your doctor for some of the 10% cream too?

Sanibel09 Mon 27-Jun-16 15:55:42

Sorry, meant a couple more over the week

Dorisdolalee Mon 27-Jun-16 19:15:40

Thanks for hr replies. I've tried the cream and it just stings and makes it worse. I haven't tried the pessery though. I'm gong to try that tonight

SecretlycrushingonTomHanks Tue 28-Jun-16 11:08:56

The cream stings me as well. The doctor prescribes me caneston hc cream which has hydrocortisone in it and doesn't sting at all. Helps much more with the itch. The itracanazole tablet I also find works better than flucanazole. I had terrible recurring thrush for years, cut sugar out of my diet for about 6 months and lucky if I getting once a year now. The cream sorts it out if I do as its so mild, no need for a pessary or tablet. Hope something there helps thrush is a nightmare when it's bad.

Dorisdolalee Tue 28-Jun-16 16:22:07

Thanks secret that is really useful and interesting. I'm attempting an anti candida diet as its obvious something is out of kilter. It's good to know I may have other options.

SugarMiceInTheRain Tue 28-Jun-16 16:29:20

I feel for you. Neither the cream nor the pessary work for me. When I had it really badly once and the over the counter tablet didn't work, my GP gave me a week's worth and that kicked it into touch. Cutting down/ out sugar helps a lot, as does plenty of live yogurt etc.

Dorisdolalee Tue 28-Jun-16 19:18:15

After three tablets over about 5 days things are getting better. And I got some canestan hydrocortisone. (That you aren't alowed to use on bits unless the doctor said you can.)
But I am determined to massively cut down sugar as so many people have suggested this may help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now