Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

More migraines at 40?

(5 Posts)
longdiling Thu 23-Jun-16 14:17:05

I think mine are hormone related, they started at around puberty and were quite bad, eased off considerably in my twenties and are now coming back again as I hit 40. Is this a delightful pre menopause symptom? And if so is there anything I can do about it?

Kwirrell Thu 23-Jun-16 14:41:56

The new migraine prescriptions are amazing. I take Naramig which has totally changed my life. If that doe not agree with you

Kwirrell Thu 23-Jun-16 14:44:45

Sorry posted too soon.
There are others you can try. Definitely worth a GP visit. I suffered for 40 years. Pain, 48 hour vomiting, the works. I take half a Naramig at the first sign and have not had a full attack for 10 years.

longdiling Thu 23-Jun-16 14:48:14

God that sounds awful Kwirrell, I'm glad you found a solution. Mine aren't anywhere near that bad thankfully, nausea rather than actual vomiting and feeling exhausted and spaced out alongside the headache. I will definitely go to the gp if they get any worse though. I wondered if some kind of supplement like evening primrose oil might help?!

Kwirrell Thu 23-Jun-16 15:49:42

I think a GP visit could be worthwhile. I went earlier this year with vague symptoms. I was a bit embarrassed to go really, but it turned out to be a Vitamin D deficiency.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now