Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

asthma and deep breaths?

(4 Posts)
lazymongoose Thu 16-Jun-16 23:25:50

Hi before I start I'm a newbie my first proper post grin
Okay back in February I was diagnosed with asthma put on the brown and blue inhaler and left to get on with it. Anyway every time I take deep breath my chest is tight and it makes me cough, is this just the asthma or an underlying problem? Doesn't help I have major anxiety and always think to worst i don't want to bother the doctor if this is normal for asthma, doesn't seem to be improving though and I find i'm always breathing deep to check, sounds silly I know. Also when I wake up in the morning it's hard to take a good breath with out coughing loads and my chest tightening, just looking for some reassurance really smile

PurpleDaisies Thu 16-Jun-16 23:29:35

That's definitely consistent with your asthma, and it means your treatment isn't quite right yet. Definitely go back for a medication review. The doctor will be really pleased to see you-it often takes a bit of trial and error to find the right dosages/combinations of inhalers. You shouldn't be feeling like you can't take a deep breath.

lazymongoose Fri 17-Jun-16 10:51:41

Thank you for your reply, I'm glad that it sounds like it's just my Asthma. I shall go back and see the doctor and see if I can sort this out.

OpposableThumbs2 Fri 17-Jun-16 19:33:33

Ask if your practice has an asthma nurse. I have always found them to be more knowledgeable than the doctors. Do keep going back though until you feel is under control.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now