Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

4 week wait for CT scan result

(5 Posts)
Alyosha Tue 14-Jun-16 14:27:49

My partner had a CT scan about a month ago, he still hasn't received the results and nor has his GP's surgery. His GP surgery is constantly engaged, and he doesn't have the contact details for the registrar he saw for his initial appointment...any ideas how to get the results? Or is such a long wait a good sign that it's nothing serious?

Originally he was told the results would take just 5 working days to come back!

FranTan Wed 15-Jun-16 13:12:34

Hmm, I'm in the same position. Had MRI 5 weeks ago with no results so far. I had a contact number and it's due to annual leave, apparently. hmm

Alyosha Wed 15-Jun-16 13:35:13

So frustrating! He's ringing the hospital switchboard today and we may complain to PALs.

Moreisnnogedag Wed 15-Jun-16 14:43:33

Depends what the scan is for really. Abnormal (as in requiring urgent intervention) results get faxed over on the day and patients brought in ASAP. Results that may or may not need intervention get put in the next routine slot which for some clinics can 6-10 weeks. I appreciate it's frustrating though.

Contacting the registrar won't be particularly helpful, but the consultants secretary may be able to help.

Alyosha Wed 15-Jun-16 16:34:55

Scan was for potential cancer, so perhaps it's good news we haven't heard anything! Although I'm worried they've just lost the results...Thanks for the info. I think if he'd been told at the time it would take 4-6 weeks there would have been no problem. It was the 5 working days expectation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now