Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Methotrexate for Asthma any experience?

(2 Posts)
insan1tyscartching Mon 13-Jun-16 21:10:01

Ds has severe asthma that the respiratory consultant is struggling to control. He gets temporary relief from steroids but only whilst on high doses and the benefits are short lived. He currently takes three inhalers, montelukast and theophylline but at clinic today he narrowly avoided being admitted again. He has been sent home with information on methotrexate as the consultant wants to try it next and wants ds to think about it. So any one taken it for asthma with good effects or have any opinions?

GinThief Mon 13-Jun-16 21:52:48

I've only taken methotrexate for another condition from late teen, the side effects were very hard to deal with day to day life. I would definitely ask how they would manage side effects. I found a slight improvement when changed to injecting from tablets. Hope you find something that works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now