Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

basal cell carcinoma?

(8 Posts)
ShiftyFades Tue 07-Jun-16 21:24:01

I have a sort of cut at the top of my nostril, it doesn't go / keeps hurting / bleeding. It's been there a couple of months now.

My sister and Dad have both had Basal Cell Carcinoma in the last coupes of years, do I have it now? sad

MassiveStrumpet Tue 07-Jun-16 21:26:06

You should ask a doctor. Sooner than later.

wiccamum Tue 07-Jun-16 21:30:18

If it's failed to heal then best get it checked. It's probably nothing too serious, but if it's bleeding/ changing shape/ getting darker, and with family history then it's a good idea just to check.

I had a BCC when I was 19- it was a mole that was really itchy and kept bleeding. Quick removal and no problems since.

urterriblemuriel Tue 07-Jun-16 21:31:25

Sorry to hear you're worried. How old are you? Has this growth been coming up slowly? Have you seen GP at all?

It's it my family multiple times too and with my fair skin and am expecting it later on in life. Whilst any cancer is terrible, as long as they cut it out I think you are fine with BSC. DM has had about 3-4 removed now and my DGM had loads removed and lived into her late 80's.

CMOTDibbler Tue 07-Jun-16 21:33:50

Anything that doesn't heal needs looking at by your GP. If it is a BCC, then you know already that they are easily treated

ShiftyFades Tue 07-Jun-16 21:35:32

I'm 43 and very very pale. I've been stuck revising for exams but the last one is on Thursday so I'll book in for Friday.
It's been bothering me for a couple of months now. It's becoming quite sore if I touch it (I know the answer to that wink)

urterriblemuriel Tue 07-Jun-16 21:41:56

Good idea, yes, book it in as soon as you can. I imagine if they think it's suspect they'll refer you. Hope it goes ok brew biscuit

ShiftyFades Tue 07-Jun-16 21:42:58

Thank you, does seem petty to go for a non healing cut, hopefully it's nothing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now