Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Throat cancer .? Tonsillitis HELP

(3 Posts)
Kaitlinb24 Mon 06-Jun-16 19:44:50

I am only 23 years old and I'm scared if I might have throat cancer..or just really bad tonsillitis.a month prior I had another throat infection supposedly it was just strep throat.Right now I have been on antibiotics for 5 days the pain went away a bit but my lymph node inside my throat on the (right) side is still swollen I have taken a picture but it doesn't really do it justice.It had more yellow/white spots on it but most of them went away but some did come back.I admit I was a smoker but sence I've been sick I am quitting.I have had chills and fever only one night and then went away.I have been feeling a bit fatigue and my balance is off..it doesn't "hurt" when I swallow tho I am just nervous about the enlargement of my lmph node.

Any suggestions ?

pippistrelle Mon 06-Jun-16 20:02:26

www.nhs.uk/conditions/swollen-glands/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Take a look at this page

Swollen glands (or nodes, if you prefer) are perfectly normal when you have any type of infection. Have you never had it before? If it's not feeling better by the time you finish your antibiotics, go back to your GP. But the chances of it being anything other than a temporary infection are really very small so try not to worry.

Judgeaway Mon 06-Jun-16 21:20:56

Mine looks like that all the time think from all the tonsillitis I have had.
My Ds has a bad throat at minute and looks like that but also with red spots over the roof of his mouth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now