Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

52 small changes - Week 24

(10 Posts)
NightWanderer Mon 06-Jun-16 10:33:26

Week 24 - Stop Portion Distortion

Learn healthy portion sizes of the foods you eat, and practice portion control on a daily basis

There's a lot of information about what constitutes the correct portion size so I'll type it out later.

Week 23

quirkychick Mon 06-Jun-16 16:51:02

Thank you, NightWanderer. I think I'm not too bad at this, though dp sometimes thinks they are too small hmm. As he often leaves some, I think not!

I have learnt to make sure I eat enough lunch, so I'm not hungry mid afternoon. Silly to eat a tiny meal and then snack on something unhealthy, it has taken a while!

I am feeling smug, though, as I seem to have lost 6lbs. Really from mostly eating 2 good size meals, at lunch and dinner as intermittent fasting. I have given up with the 5:2 fasting atm, after reading how it can not work if you are perimenopausal.

8FencingWire Mon 06-Jun-16 21:09:34

Thank you for the new thread ;)

margaritasbythesea Mon 06-Jun-16 22:41:50

Thankyou nightwanderer.

Oopps bewitched. Has he forgiven you?

Well done quirky chick. I'm still frustrated with my low carving. I do know a sneaky little crash diet I can do if waistline is still too big when hols loom.

I'm much better with portion size than I thought was. At least with low carving you don't want to eat that much.

quirkychick Tue 07-Jun-16 07:08:10

Thanks, margaritas, I was actually quite surprised as I thought I had spent most of half-term being quite inactive and eating, but eating 2 meals seems to work for me. I think I had been eating quite low carb too. But I had been logging on mfp since January so I know what you mean about being frustrated!

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Tue 07-Jun-16 09:13:21

Thanks NightWanderer.

Another one that I already do. Yes, the low carbing makes you feel full quickly I found.

He wasn't fussed margaritas and he got his present last night smile

NightWanderer Fri 10-Jun-16 09:32:30

Sorry computer is in the shop so cant type it all out on my tablet but it seems most people do this already, so that's good.

Ive started logging what i eat on my fitness pal.

Velocity Sat 11-Jun-16 07:06:29

I could be better but found that the habit of eating more of vegetables helped. Back on 5:2 as I have some weight to loose but I do have a tendency to overeat. So will pay attention to this!

8FencingWire Mon 13-Jun-16 19:09:10

Hello Night, any chance of a new thread, pretty please?
Thank you chocolate

NightWanderer Tue 14-Jun-16 04:48:30

Hi, sorry to be late with it. Monster work deadline on Monday, glad to be finished.

Here is Week 25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now