Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

why am I so scared of the cortisone injection?

(6 Posts)
rainbowmagic1974 Sat 04-Jun-16 23:07:22

I have plantar fasciitis and my consultant recommended the cortisone injection.
I'm putting it off ... On session 5 of Physio and it is a bit better. Anything to avoid it.
I hate needles ... I hate the thought of them.
Should I just bite the bullet and get it done?!?!?

simplydivine05 Sun 05-Jun-16 20:44:32

I had cortisone in my symphysis pubis and it hurt like no other pain. Add to that I had to have it done under x-ray in an operating theatre surrounded by strangers and the fact it didn't work, I was in no rush to get it done again. On the flip side I know several people who have had great success with the injections.
If you think physio is working then stick with it. If you're at the point where you will do anything to improve your condition then it's worth a shot.

TheFairyCaravan Sun 05-Jun-16 20:50:41

I have cortisone injections. I have them into my hips, symphysis pubis, saxrollic joints, L4/5 and various points in my pelvis. The one I had done in my symphysis pubis when I was awake hurt like a bastard, hence why the pelvic surgeon I have now says he never does them when people are awake because it's quite barbaric.

The other ones are fine, I don't even flinch tbh. It's a bit sore and a little bit of pressure but the relief I get in my hips, in particular, is so worth it.

MadameJosephine Sun 05-Jun-16 21:23:32

I had a cortisone injection for plantar fasciitis, it was very painful and didn't work sad the thing that did the trick for me was physio and infrared light therapy

rainbowmagic1974 Sun 05-Jun-16 22:31:54

Wore flip flops today ... Ow ow ow!

ICJump Sun 05-Jun-16 23:19:25

Look it hurts. Crazy bastard hurts. But I'm considering getting it done again for my bursitis rather than the plantar fasciitis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now