Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone tried Quetiapine/Seroqi and it's not helped?

(1 Post)
Psion Sat 28-May-16 14:44:51

Was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Have been on Trazadone for 9 weeks, slowly titrated from 100mg up to 250mg (been on higher dose for last 4 days).

Was also put on Quetiapine nearly 6 weeks ago, slowly titrated up from 25mg to 150mg (been on higher dose for last 4 days).

But I feel no better than I did 9 weeks ago when I first started this medicated journey. Surely I should be experiencing some relief by now?

I have enjoyed maybe 4-5 good days in the last 4 weeks. Otherwise I have felt so low, desperate and extremely anxious (I don't like DH leaving me alone to even have a soak in the bath).

I spent most of Thursday just sobbing. Last weekend was just one long crying jag too. The anxiety and depression are just getting unbearable. Surely I shouldn't be feeling actually worse, 9 weeks into treatment?

I am seeing the Crisis Team and I get the impression that they're surprised I am not improving and still with them.

Quetiapine was pitched to me as being a wonder drug for anxiety, but it hasn't done a thing for mine. All it does is make me feel sleepier, but anxiety just as bad (if not worse) than it was before I started it.

Has anyone else had disappointing results from Quetiapine? And if you did, did you manage to change to something that worked?

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now