Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this a mole or an age spot?

(5 Posts)
twofalls Fri 27-May-16 11:13:56

This appeared on my neck a few weeks ago. I thought it was just an age spot but now I am worried its a new mole. It isn't raised or dark, it just appeared. Has anyone else started getting these aged 44?!

Elibean Fri 27-May-16 17:24:54

Yes, I did....and I used to get them checked, until I got to know what was normal for me. They are age spots, or sun spots (mine). Its worth showing to a GP, tbh, as a) its the responsible thing to do with something new and unknown and b) you are bound to worry until someone who knows can tell you its nothing to worry about smile

twofalls Fri 27-May-16 18:39:14

You are right elibean, I will worry until I get it checked so I have made an appointment for next week. I am sure I will just come out feeling silly for wasting their time (not that they ever make me feel that way) but better that than the alternative. Thanks for replying!

lljkk Sat 28-May-16 09:52:33

I'd vote age spot or seborric keratosis or something similar. I spot seborric K's on other people all the time (I get them too, more as I get older).

When it's hard to tell, doctors will help you figure out which one.

sadie9 Sat 28-May-16 10:25:36

I have one also, it appeared late forties. Exactly the same as yours and on my collarbone. I presume it is an age spot, I will have it looked at next time I am at GP, but probably won't make an appointment especially.
I don't have any others and it is noticeable specially in summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now