Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spotting - advice?

(2 Posts)
Stan18 Mon 23-May-16 22:52:43

I'm new so bear with me!
I had my one and only little girl in early 2012, and periods always been bang on since.
Since the start of this year, they have been a bit more muddled. I'm not on any contraception and haven't been for a year, and periods were still fine.
Last month I was heavier than normal, and then had another period less than 3 weeks later. Doctor said it could have been 'normal' and to monitor the next one.
I've barely been off a week, and after having sex two nights ago theres been a teeny bit of blood when going loo and I almost feel like I should be on? If that makes sense.
I'm so worried sad

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Thu 26-May-16 01:30:28

How long has it been since you saw the doctor?

How old are you? Could it be the beginning of the menopause?

I'd recommend keeping a symptom diary so you are not relying on remembering everything. I always find I forget symptoms when I actually get to the appointment!

You definitely need to report the bleeding after sex at your next appointment.

Easier said than done I know, but try not to panic. There are many possible explanations and most of them are harmless, or a bit annoying, rather than being anything sinister.

I hope you get some answers soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now