Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wisdom tooth agony!!

(7 Posts)
Heyjude16 Sun 22-May-16 14:07:00

I can't take anymore.

Been like it since Friday. Tooth it practically though, think I have an infection the the gum/cheek that it right right at the back.
My jaw, cheek and everything round that area kills. I can't swallow, or open my properly to eat anything. I'm taking paracetamol every 3/4 hours, using corsodyl every few hours since Friday evening. It takes the edge off it abit.

I'm 30 weeks pregnant so really don't fancy having it out if needed (I don't think it does, I had my bottom two under general and they said the top two were fine).

If I ring dentist first thing in morning what's the chances of being seen? I don't know what to do 😪

FrancieC23 Sun 22-May-16 14:18:14

The practice you are registered with will have an emergency weekend number - you can ring and they will either they will either open up to see you or give you appropriate advice over the phone. (Some practices share on call so it may be another local practice that will respond to your call).
Hope it's soon resolved toothache for you!

FrancieC23 Sun 22-May-16 14:19:54

Last sentence omit toothache for it to make sense, sorry!

Heyjude16 Sun 22-May-16 22:19:29

Thank you.

Iv ran out of paracetamol, and my last dose has worn off. I'm in a lot of pain. I only have ibuprofen left but can't take it after 28 weeks. I'm going to ring dentist first thing in the morning. I rang them earlier and it said to ring 111. But I can't get anywhere to an emergency dentist 😪

SoftSheen Sun 22-May-16 22:36:30

I would call 111 and ask for advice- you might be able to get an appointment with an emergency dentist or OOH GP.

In the meantime, try gargling with salt water (if you can), and hold an ice pack (or bag of frozen peas, etc) against the area, which may reduce the swelling and pain a bit.

You have my sympathy- dental pain is hell. flowers

Heyjude16 Mon 23-May-16 12:08:59

Been dentist!

Been given antibiotics. I need to have the top two out under general when baby is born.
He also fitted me for a mouth guard as I grind my teeth apparently 😒

FrancieC23 Mon 23-May-16 16:26:11

Glad you getting are sorted
Hopefully you start to feel better very soon.
Best wishes for the baby and getting the teeth sorted in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now