Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ivermectin cream for rosacea

(7 Posts)
NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Thu 19-May-16 11:25:03

Has anybody been prescribed this?
Loosing a battle with my doctor, he says it is not licensed but info for it is on the NHS website.
He just seems to want to give out antibiotics for it...I took them before for 10 weeks, did improve, but within 2 weeks of stopping it was as bad as ever. Don't want to take them again as I get upset stomach and constant thrush with them.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Thu 19-May-16 11:26:14

Have used Metrogel, but couldn't tolerate the burning sensation with it.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 19-May-16 11:32:12

I thought it had been licenced very recently. I am thinking about asking for it as I am not really keen on long term antibiotics and (although I am not going to admit this to my doctor) I used pet ivermectin mixed with cetaphil and it helped...

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Thu 19-May-16 11:36:41

Got Cetaphyl in the bathroom and a pet shop down the road!!!
Like you, what I have read says it is now licensed.

oliviaclottedcream Thu 19-May-16 13:10:23

OP, with you in mind, I've just emailed a friend who is being treated at the moment for rosacea. She's using Rozex cream by Galderma, and it's working a treat for her. Prescribed by her GP, it's cleared it up, almost entirely. She had the same outcome as you from months of anti b's.. Good luck hope you get it sorted.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sat 21-May-16 11:50:55

I wouldn't dream of suggesting you do anything as irresponsible as me, NK, but if you do I would be interested to hear how you get on!

LivingInMidnight Sat 21-May-16 17:57:43

I switched from metronidazole gel to Azelaic acid which has been brilliant. Metronidazole gel seemed to completely change in its usefulness depending on what brand the pharmacy gave me. Zyomet was horrible but metrosa wasn't as bad. Was a relief to stop using it.

I'm not averse to using products for pets. Usually works out cheaper for one thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now