Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

BV

(3 Posts)
Chocolate1985 Wed 18-May-16 19:17:37

I seem to be suffering from constant recurring BV after periods . I've had antibiotics last month which cleared it within a day yet now cycle day 7 and it's back again ! I've tried the balance activ gel but getting to the end of my tether with it . I've probably had it on and off for a couple of years had smears and been swabbed umpteen times and it was only last October they finally said it was Bv . I don't wash my bits with anything except water however do use bubble bath in my bath is this the cause of it ? Don't go near DP when I have it as it's just not the sort of thing to make you feel like being active .

tigerdick Wed 18-May-16 21:47:42

The only thing that I've ever found to work outside Balance-Activ is RepHresh Pro-B capsules. Like, within days all symptoms were completely gone and I'm a BV life-er...

Unfortunately, the reverse is true too - it will come back just as quick if you stop taking it. But I'd happily swap taking a pill to messing about with gels.

It's expensive but read the reviews (particularly the US ones) on Amazon to decide if it's worth a punt. Good luck. smile

Chocolate1985 Thu 19-May-16 17:00:46

Thanks tigerdick I seem to be doomed to have it forever ! I work with the public and convinced that I smell unclean due to it . It's really frustrating actually getting to point I like having period as it's the only time I have no symptoms angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now